October 17, 2018 – The municipality of San Fernando Cebu, represented by Municipal Administrator, Mr. Ricci Regan Reluya, RHU Municipal Health Officer Dr. Alfredo Manugas IV, Municipal Social Welfare Department Head Alicia Brobo and Municipal Local Government Officer Ms. Susan Tolentino received the 2017 Seal of Child Friendly Local Governance’ (SCFLG) award, during the Conferment Ceremony at Golden Prince Hotel & Suites Cebu City.
The Seal of Child-Friendly Local Governance’ (SCFLG) award is based on the results of the mandatory Child-Friendly Local Governance Audit (CFLGA), which is conducted annually and covers all cities and municipalities throughout the country. conferred by the Council for the Welfare of Children (CWC) chaired by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) and the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) as their partner.
San Fernando being among of the municipalities in Region 7 which passed the mandatory Child-Friendly Local Government Audit (CFLGA) has been audited based on the following 12 criteria:
1. Percentage reduction in the deaths among children below five years old or under-five mortality rate.
2. Percentage reduction in the number of children under-six with below normal weight.
3. Percentage increase in the number of 3-4- year-old children attending center-based day care services.
4. The completion rate for elementary schooling.
5. The absence of child labor or percentage reduction in child labor cases.
6. Percentage reduction in the number of children victims of violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation (all forms, including physical violence, sexual abuse and exploitation, and trafficking in persons).
7. Safety measures for children in the community and schools.
8. The extent of mainstreaming of children’s rights to survival, development, protection, and participation in the core development agenda of LGUs (this includes LCPC functionality and child participation).
9. An ordinance establishing Barangay Violence Against Women and their Children (VAWC) Desks.
10. 2017 Philhealth accreditation in its main health facility or rural health unit for the Maternal Care Services and Primary Care.
11. A Local School Board (LSB) Plan for CY 2017 aligned with the School Improvement Plan (SIP).
12. Completed at least 70% of its LSB Plan for 2017.
Truly this award is a manifestation that San Fernando, Cebu is truly a child-friendly municipality and every child in our town shines in their own way.